The PADI Emergency Oxygen Provider course introduces you to several methods of providing Oxygen.
Oxygen is one of our basic essentials for the maintenance of life, and the lack of oxygen leads to death rapidly. First aid with emergency oxygen is useful or necessary as a treatment for many injuries, disease and intoxiacations that interfere with oxygen reaching the blood or tissues. For recreational scuba divers, emergency oxygen is the primary first aid given the individuals suffering from a near drowning or decompression illness.
There are no prerequisites to participate, so anyone interested in learning to provide Emergency Oxygen can join. If you are an Emergency First Responder or PADI Rescue Diver, you may want to further enhance your knowledge and skills by integrating the O2 Provider course.
- The Emergency Oxygen Provider Course duration is 1 day and you will learn several skills including:
- Assembly and Disassembly of an Emergency Oxygen System
- Provide the use of the Non-Rebreather Mask for a Breathing Diver
- Provide the use of the Demand Inhalator Valve for a Breathing Diver
- Pocket Mask use with oxygen for a Nonbreathing Diver
- Optional skills of using the Manually Triggered Resuscitaor Valve for a Nonbreathing Diver.
Cost: 4,000 Baht