PADI DIVEMASTER COURSE
The PADI Divemaster program is your first step to leadership level in the PADI System of diver education.
"The First step towards a Professional Diving Career is the PADI Dive Master Course. Sunshine Divers offers the PADI Dive Master Program in a 5 Star Instructor Development Center providing our Trainee's with the highest level of Training Standards. Theory work takes place in our outside Classrooms while Practical Lectures take place on our 'doorstep' Beach.
If your looking for unlimited diving, flexible program length during your PADI Dive Master Internship, Professional & enthusiastic Instruction & Mentorship, Fun Workshops for enhancing your Navigation, Search & Recovery, Leading Diver skills and more as well as gaining experience and opportunities in a Professional role, then Sunshine Divers PADI Dive Master Internship is for you!."
As PADI is the most recognized diving organization world-wide, employment opportunities are unsurpassed by any other training agency.
With more than approximately 75% market share internationally, and many other areas exceeding this, your opportunities for employment at the 6,500 PADI recognized dive centres in over 180 countries, is yours for the taking!
WHO IS A PADI DIVEMASTER:
The dive community expects several characteristics of an individual with the PADI Divemaster rating.
- Exemplary personal and rescue diving skills.
- Instructor-level knowledge of diving theory.
- Competence as a certified assistant with significant training on how to assist an instructor during training activities.
- To be able to assume appropriate responsibilities that benefit the welfare of other divers.
- Ethical role model behaviour, Enthusiasm and Fun!
- As you may know, many PADI Divemasters go on to become PADI Instructors.
Therefore, the training and experience you gain through the PADI Divemaster program, helps shape your abilities and attitude toward becoming a professional level diving educator.
AS A PADI DIVEMASTER, YOU'LL BE QUALIFIED TO:
- Organize and conduct recreational diving activities, both land and boat based.
- Assist PADI Instructors in conducting PADI Diver programs.
TO QUALIFY FOR PADI DIVEMASTER TRAINING, YOU'LL NEED TO:
- Be certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or equivalent).
- Be certified as a PADI Rescue Diver (or equivalent), and submit proof of CPR and First Aid training within the past 24 months.
- Have logged a minimum of 40 open water dives prior to entry into PADI Divemaster training, and completed and logged a minimum of 60 open water dives with experience in night, deep and navigation prior to certification as a PADI Divemaster.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be in good physical condition for diving and submit a medical exam form signed by a physician.
- We need to see all your certification cards from Open water to Rescue Diver and your log book to prove diving experience. If you do not have any of these, please let us know so that we can research your details online through the PADI website.
YOU’LL COMPLETE THREE PHASES IN THE PADI DIVEMASTER PROGRAM:
1. Water skills and stamina assessment and general diving skills assessment.
As a candidate, you will complete several timed swims (400m swim + 800m snorkel swim) and other exercises, along with refining basic scuba skills during skill circuits, so that you can role model for beginner and certified divers. You will also refresh your rescue skills by assisting on rescue courses and performing your rescue assessment, Ex. 7 from the PADI Rescue Course.
2. Knowledge Development
- Role and characteristics of a Divemaster
- Supervising diving activities for certified divers
- Assisting with student divers in training
- Diving physics
- Diving physiology
- Diving skills and environment
- Decompression Theory and dive tables
- Dive Equipment
- Dive management and control
- Risk Management
- Business of Diving
- Divemaster Conducted Programs
- Furthering your dive career
- Emergency assistance plan for Diving emergencies in the local area
- Mapping a local open water site
- Volunteer Program and Marine Conservation
3. Practical Application
This involves training activities using various structured training sessions, simulated scenarios and internship sessions with actual PADI programs. These training sessions enable you to gain practical experience as an instructional assistant and a supervisor of open water diving activities, both as a coordinator and as an underwater guide.
Also expanding your knowledge on Specialty Courses including
- Search & Recovery Diver
- Wreck Diver
- Deep Diver
- Nitrox (EANx) Diver
During the Divemaster Program at Sunshine Divers, All Specialty Courses are offered at a 50% discount to retail rates. For further information, please contact us directly.
AS A PADI DIVEMASTER YOU'LL BE ABLE TO:
- Act as certified instructional assistant to PADI Instructors.
- Supervise participants in PADI experience programs for uncertified divers.
Generally supervise both training and no training related diving activities by planning, organizing and directing dives.
- Teach and certify PADI Skin Divers.
- Conduct the PADI Scuba Review program for certified divers.
- Enroll in PADI Instructor level training
Upon successfully completing the PADI Divemaster program, you’ll receive a certification card and wall certificate denoting this rating. You’ll also become a member of PADI and receive benefits, including the ability to purchase professional liability insurance (which may be required to conduct some activities).
COST : 25,000 Baht
This includes the use of rental scuba equipment during the Divemaster program.
PADI Materials : 6,000 Baht
Includes : DM Manual, DM Slates, Recreational Dive Encyclopedia, ERDPml and PADI Decal Sticker for DM Application.
A PADI Medical Statement for physical dive clearance needs to be signed by a Physician. This may be obtained by your doctor at home or on island. Cost is approx. 200 baht for the visit by the Koh Tao Physician.
PADI Divemaster Application Fee : $154.00 Australian Dollars. This is to be registered in current status as a Divemaster to be eligible for employment.
Please contact us if you would like details on long-term accommodation options.
On completion of your Dive Master Training with us at Sunshine you will recieve reduced rates on fun-dives.
540 Baht per dive (includes dive equipment)
200 baht per dive (with own equipment)
For additional equipment rental:
Dive Computer : 50 baht per day
Dive Compass : 50 baht per day
Dive Torch : 150 baht per day